What’s the very best use for your money in 2020?
Are you looking to pay down debt, grow your savings, or simply feel in control of your money?
How can you set up your finances to ensure that you accomplish your most important goals, especially if 2019 didn’t quite turn out the way you wanted it to?
Most of us enter a brand-spanking new year full of optimism. Last year may not have gone quite as we had hoped, but we tell ourselves that this year will be better; we’re going to meet our financial targets. This time, we mean it, we’re serious.
But that’s not quite how it turns out. Within a couple of weeks, our old behavioral patterns start to take over and before we know it, we’re right back in the same old track headed for the usual results.
If you’re ready for a change and you want to launch your finances to the next level in 2020, then join us for our workshop on creating a simple, easy-to-implement Money Roadmap that gives every dollar you earn a job based on your values and goals.
Isn’t that just a budget?
Walk through any Personal Finance section in a book store and you will see shelves packed with books on How to Budget.
Here’s the thing: If budgeting were so effective, all you’d need is a single book to walk you through the basics and you’d be set for life. There wouldn’t be a million books on budgeting; they wouldn’t be needed.
The problem is that people keep buying book after book on how to budget without getting the lasting results they want.
They think, “Budgeting works for everyone else; why doesn’t it work for me?”
But here’s a bit of a shocker: Traditional budgeting doesn’t work for most people. It’s a sensible-looking approach to finances that gets one thing very wrong: the human side of the equation.
If we were all robots, we’d be brilliant at budgeting.
Thankfully, we’re not robots, which means we need to take psychology, behavior, and individual values into account when setting up our finances.
If you’re someone for whom budgeting works well and you’re able to stick to your budget, then brilliant. You can stop reading right now. When you have a system that works, do not change a thing.
This workshop is for people who have tried budgeting and didn’t stick with it, or who don’t have a system to organize their finances in a way that serves their most important values. I can tell you from experience that most people fit into this category.
At this month’s Women’s Money Group workshop, we’re going to cover how to create an effective roadmap for the money you have coming in every month.
Here’s an overview of what we’ll do:
– Determine what you want from your money. To give ever dollar a job, you need to know what those jobs are. We’ll look at how to break this down.
– List the jobs in order of priority for 2020.
– Draw out the flow of money, with rough amounts in place for essential categories only.
– Set up a system to track expenditures, debts, and savings/investments moving forward.
– Create calendar entries to review and revise your numbers.
– Put in place a system of accountability to help keep you on track.
– Tune up your mindset to ensure it doesn’t get in the way of progress.
Who can participate in the workshop?
All women can participate.
If you’re a Women’s Money Group member, the workshop is included in your membership. You can participate either in person or live online via our live stream. There is no need to register.
Are you new to the Women’s Money Group? No problem!
You can join in by purchasing a General Admission ticket. Simply click on the ticket link below.
You can participate in person if you live in the Ottawa area, or you can choose to participate live online.
More benefits of participating in our community:
INCREASED CONFIDENCE | GET UNSTUCK | MAKE MORE MONEY | GROW WITH OTHERS
– Finally get past your blocks, create a system that works, and achieve your goals with our help.
– Ask whatever you like in our no blame, no shame, no judgment zone.
– Get evidence-based answers you can trust, not a sales pitch.
– You’ll get support and follow up after the workshop through a Q&A session via Zoom
Book your spot today and learn how to follow our simple Money Roadmap to help you crush your financial goals in 2020!
See you on January 28th, in person or online.